Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Best Bread in NYC?


Since I haven't yet summoned up the nerve to tackle Julia Child's 15-page baguette recipe, when I'm craving an apple and brie sandwich I usually head to Amy's Bread on Bleecker and buy a loaf for $2 or so. It's close to where I work, the quality of the bread is excellent, and if I have a little extra time I can swing into Murray's Cheese while I'm at it. But in classic Carrie Bradshaw, gal-in-the-city fashion, I can't help but wonder: what am I missing? Should I be getting out there and seeing other baguettes?

Anyone care to set me up on a blind date with a new bakery?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sullivan St. Bakery on 47th Street
(at 11th Ave)in Hells Kitchen. It's tucked away next to a taxi repair shop and rent stabalized housing- a not-yet-gentrified unsuspecting gem! Stick to Amy's for the red velvet cupcakes but for anything bread, Sullivan is a soon to be discovered NYC reality show hot spot so hurry! "XoXo"